Monday, May 13, 2013

Finding The Rights Words For My Debut Book Launch


Today is the last Monday I will be an unpublished author of a novel. And that's because on Tuesday, May 14, 2013, THE GLASS WIVES will be published by St. Martin's Griffin.


Even if I never publish another book (Boo! Hiss!) I will always be published. It can’t be erased, even when a book goes out of print or stops being on to-be-read lists (Boo! Hiss!).  This thing, this author-thing, it's predicated on finding the right words at the right time. But writing a book is different from being an author. In this day of social media and book publicity, authors are charged with finding the right words in 140 characters, blog posts, magazine essays, Facebook statuses, and Skype sessions. It’s more than writing a book, it’s the rewriting of a career, or even rewriting a life.

It's all about words yet I'm at a loss. Except to say WOW. And thank you.


Amy Sue Nathan lives and writes near Chicago where she hosts the popular blog, Women's Fiction Writers. She has published articles in Huffington Post, Chicago Tribune and New York TimesOnline among many others.  Amy is the proud mom of a son and a daughter in college, and a willing servant to two rambunctious rescued dogs.  


18 comments:

  1. Congratulations on reaching your last Monday. I loved THE GLASS WIVES, and I am sure it will be a huge hit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, thank you so much. Means the world to me! xo

      Delete
  2. Congrats, Amy! I can't wait for the world to discover THE GLASS WIVES!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, I loved THE GLASS WIVES and can't wait for the rest of the world to love it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren, you were such a HUGE help! I think you'd still recognize the book, but of course it has changed exponentially! But one thing is the same. You cured me of my pronoun problem! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, Author Amy! After all the waiting, it's down to 24 hours. Enjoy every moment of this huge accomplishment. I'm hoping for a package in the mail tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lori! You know how much I appreciate your support and friendship! And it's just about time to start your big countdown! xo

      Delete
  5. Congratulations, Amy! I'm sure The Glass Wives is just the first of many great books to come! Happy pre-Pub Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Amy! I love the cover and the title!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Her first major success broke out in Japan while jane was on a USO tour
    in Okinawa. Make it a examine add to your collection regularly.


    My page - szamba

    ReplyDelete
  8. An author at a loss for words!? How can this be? I'm so excited for the book, Amy. You have worked HARD and I hope you take the time to bask in your success, soak it up, take it in and savor it, tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Amy! May the Force be with your book sales!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to the read! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, How are going on?
    Great Post! I’ve never really thought about freelance blogging, but it definitely sounds like something to think about. "If you want to be successful, you can try your hand at Internet marketing guru. Below are a few brilliant and proven methods to handle your Internet marketing tips effort towards success. Make a advertising site for your company as an Internet marketing guru strategy. You can post it in online publications and publications if the information is good enough. This is a fantastic way to identify your business' popularity in the community.
    "
    Thanks For Very Interesting Post.

    ReplyDelete