Thursday, April 18, 2013

My Spring Fling is Hollywood Hit

by Maggie Marr

I love spring.  It is one of my favorite seasons.  To me spring represents a fresh start on everything.  I feel energized in spring and want to move forward on all fronts.  I tend to have big dreams in the spring with regards to all that I wish to accomplish for the entire year.

This spring, as far as my writing is concerned, I've had one item on my mind.  One thing I must complete.  One task that must be finished.  One manuscript that must get done.

Hollywood Hit.


This is the first time I've shown the cover for Hollywood Hit. The reveal, combined with my love for the story energizes and excites me!  I can't wait for readers to share the third installment of the Hollywood Girls Club Series.






Scheduled to release Summer 2013, I've spent all of winter and spring bringing this baby along.  Hollywood Hit is the third book in the Hollywood Girls Club Series.  I want to satisfy fans of the series and put a brand new spin on the world that I love.

Enter Nikki Solange--niece to mega-star Celeste 'Cici' Solange.  Nikki's voice has been loud in my ear ever since I decided there was another Hollywood Girls Club story to tell.  Nikki is brash and bold and a bit of a pain in the ass, much like her famous Aunt Cici, but I love her.  I've spent the winter and spring trying to get Nikki's story just right.  And I'm close.  Oh-so-very-close.  And I better be, because summer is nearly here.

Leave a comment about your Spring Fling.  What has you energized this spring?  One commentor, as selected by random.org will win an ebook copy of Hollywood Hit!

Maggie Marr is an attorney and author.  A former motion picture literary agent she now divides her time between writing, practicing law, and producing films.  She is the author of Hollywood Girls Club, Secrets of The Hollywood Girls Club, Can't Buy Me Love, and Courting Trouble.  The latest book in the Hollywood Girls Club Series, Hollywood Hit publishes summer 2013.  Maggie lives and works in Los Angeles. 

Cover design for Hollywood Hit by Kim Killion.      











20 comments:

  1. Maggie, congrats!! I'm so very excited for you!!

    I, too, feel energized by spring! I'm presently working on novel #4, getting ready for novel #3's July 2 pub-date, and jumping into the indie publishing waters for novels 1 and 2!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenda! Congratulations on the next two books! You have a busy spring too.
      xoMM

      Delete
  2. Love that cover, Maggie!!!!

    I've started a new series, being introduced with a novella that I just started at the beginning of this month and hope to be done with by the end of the month. April is crazy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharla,
      Congratulations on the new series and good luck on the novella!
      xoMM

      Delete
  3. Peep legs! i love that. Congratulations. It sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karin! I can hardly wait for the book to be out in the world--just a couple more months.
      xoMM

      Delete
  4. Those are your legs, right, Maggie? Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Leslie, that made me laugh! Long ago in a galaxy far far away (circa 1996) those were my legs.
    xoMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maggie,
    The new cover is *gorgeous* and I know the story will be wonderful, too!! Congrats, congrats!
    As for being energized this spring...I'm in full 'spring cleaning' mode (it's much needed!) and hoping to have less clutter around me soon :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marilyn!

      The cover designer Kim Killion created every cover in the Hollywood Girls Club series. I think she does a knock out job.

      I am looking forward to some 'spring cleaning' once this manuscript is officially put to bed.

      xoMM

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BRAVO!!! Does the pair of legs come with every cover? Congrats.

    ReplyDelete